You cannot add CNAME records to a zone if there are any other existing records with the same Name, regardless of the type.
- Select a zone which you want to add records to.
- Click on the Records button in the top navigation.
- Choose the type CNAME record in the dropdown menu.
- Enter the host — the subdomain you want to create the record for, including the domain name.
- Enter an Alias for the hostname.
- Choose TTL — the record's time-to-live.
- Once you are ready, click the Add record button.
- The record should now be created and be visible in the record list below.
You can update the CNAME record directly in the record list by clicking on the Name, Value, or TTL field.
- Click on the Delete button for the CNAME record you want to delete.
- Confirm the deletion. Warning: You cannot undo this step!
CNAME records cannot be used for the plain domain name ("@", zone apex). See CNAME at the apex of a zone.
If the target of a CNAME record is outside the current zone, the data must be terminated with a dot. Otherwise the data is considered a subdomain of the current domain and the global DNS scope will append the origin domain.
fooo IN CNAME example.com
bar IN CNAME example.com.