Adding a CNAME record
You cannot add CNAME records to a zone if there are any other existing records with the same Name, regardless of the type.
- Select a zone which you want to add records to.
- Click on the Records button in the top navigation.
- Choose the type CNAME record in the dropdown menu.
- Enter the host — the subdomain you want to create the record for, including the domain name.
- Enter an Alias for the hostname.
- Choose TTL — the record's time-to-live.
- Once you are ready, click the Add record button.
- The record should now be created and be visible in the record list below.
Update a CNAME record
You can update the CNAME record directly in the record list by clicking on the Name, Value, or TTL field.
Delete an CNAME record
- Click on the Delete button for the CNAME record you want to delete.
- Confirm the deletion. Warning: You cannot undo this step!
CNAME records cannot be used for the plain domain name ("@", zone apex). See CNAME at the apex of a zone.
If the target of a CNAME record is outside the current zone, the data must be terminated with a dot. Otherwise the data is considered a subdomain of the current domain and the global DNS scope will append the origin domain.
fooo IN CNAME example.com bar IN CNAME example.com.