In the 'SMS' section, it is possible to quickly and easily send SMSs (Short Message Service). In addition, you can be notified of incoming emails by SMS. It is also possible to send SMSs from your website with the konsoleH interface. The main display screen provides you with an overview of SMSs already sent and an overview of active SMS notifications.
You can activate/deactivate the sending of SMSs for each individual domain by clicking on either 'Activate' or 'Deactivate'. Please note: This is only available at admin level.
One click on this link takes you to the entry mask into which you can insert all the information for the SMS message you wish to send:
- Country: Select the country from the list to which the SMS will be sent (If your desired country is not in the list, please contact our support. We will check to see if it is possible to send to that particular country).
- Cellphone number: Enter the desired cellphone number (without the country code).
- SMS message: Enter your 1 to 160 character long message. After you click on 'Send message' the SMS will be dispatched.
Here you can set up SMS notification of incoming emails for one of your mailboxes. You will receive an SMS as soon as an email is received, for example, from a particular sender or with a particular subject. In the form, you can predefine the necessary settings for setting up the notification:
- Email account: Select the mail account from the list which the notification should be applied to.
- Country: Select the country from the list which the SMS will be sent to. (If your country is not in the list, please contact our support team. We will check to see if it is possible to send SMS notifications to that particular country).
- Cellphone number: Enter your cellphone number (without the country code).
- Notification limit: If you wish, you may enter a limit for the notifications here.
- Notification filter: Here you can filter emails from particular senders or with particular subjects.
Click on 'Save notification'. Your SMS notification is now active.
Note: Of course, incoming emails are first tested by our spam filter (if this is activated), so that you do not need to pay any unnecessary costs for SMSs caused by spam. Each SMS costs € 0.10 (without VAT). Please keep in mind that black- and whitelist entries will not be considered.
The SMS gateway enables you to send SMSs from your website. You can use entry forms and PHP scripts to use the gateway.
To be able to use the gateway, your account must support PHP. Please note: You must first activate the sending of SMSs on konsoleH in order to use the SMS gateway functions. You can implement the sending of SMSs in the following way:
require_once("sms.php"); $sms = new SMS("https://konsoleh.your-server.de/"); $domain = e.g.: «my-domain.de» (without www!) $password = your FTP password (transmission is encrypted) $land = country code (e.g. "+49" for Germany) $number = cellphone number (e.g. "1631234567") $text = the desired text (up to max. 160 characters) $sms->send($domain,$password,$country,$number,$text);
We offer a ready-to-use sample script with a simple entry form. You only need to enter the desired domain and the corresponding FTP password and load the script in a protected area on your homepage.
Important note: The use of the sample script is only permitted in connection with konsoleH's SMS gateway. Individual changes to the script are allowed, but we expressly do NOT provide support for any changes! Using konsoleH's SMS gateway is NOT free. Each SMS costs € 0.10 (without VAT). Only authorized people should have access to konsoleH's SMS gateway; you, the customer, are responsible for protecting access to it (for example, by using htaccess to protect it).
Q: Will I be able to use all 160 characters in the SMS?
A: Yes, you can use all 160 characters. You will not have to worry about us using any characters. There will be not be a reference to Hetzner or an ad for Hetzner in the SMS.
Q: Can I also use the SMS gateway outside of my website?
A: This is unfortunately not possible at this time.
Q: Can I also use the SMS gateway for promotional SMSs or mass SMSs?
A: No, you are NOT allowed to use the SMS gateway for those purposes.