WordPress is the world's most widely used CMS (content management system) 1. By using WordPress, you can implement and maintain websites, blogs, and online shops.
Important note: We only make the installation of this application available to you. This is a 3rd party application. We do not provide WordPress technical support, and we cannot guarantee that it will work properly. For WordPress support, please see https://wordpress.org/support/.
Please perform the following steps to install WordPress on your web hosting account:
- Choose the directory where you want to install WordPress and start the installation by clicking "Install".
- If you get a warning that there are still files in the installation directory, please check that you no longer need them before you continue; they may get overwritten during the installation.
- As soon as the components are successfully installed, you can continue.
The WordPress files and its configuration should now be successfully installed. In the next few steps, you need to set up your WordPress installation:
- If you want to set up WordPress yourself, please click on "Skip Setup" and navigate to your website to view the WordPress setup form and do the setup on your own.
Set up WordPress using our setup form:
- WordPress site URL: Your WordPress site should be reachable under this URL.
- Title: Tell us the name/title of your website/blog.
- Notification email: At this email address, you will receive important information regarding your WordPress site, for example, the password reset email.
- Username: Give us the username for your WordPress administrator.
- Password: Choose your preferred password or let us generate one for you
- You have now successfully installed WordPress.
- Give your WordPress site a different design: https://wordpress.org/themes/
- Extend your WordPress installation with plugins: https://wordpress.org/plugins/
- Get support for WordPress: https://wordpress.org/support/
- Secure your WordPress installation: https://wordpress.org/support/article/hardening-wordpress/
A content management system is a type of software used to create, edit, and maintain the contents of a website.↩